Open Source Marketing: what about launching an Open Source Awareness campaign?
Besides the need for open source lobbyists, the biggest issue with Open Source awareness might be the clique phenomenon, resulting in open source advocates, analysts, customers, developers and users bound to each other. In other words there is also a need for connectors.
Googling around I found a pretty long list of ribbon campaigns – among them the ASCII Ribbon Campaign and the EFF‘s Blue Ribbon Campaign – but there is no Free Software or Open Source awareness campaign.
Running an Open Source Awareness Campaign might help us to get in touch to individuals outside our network, since many weak ties bring more social connections.
Links to this post:
- Links for 2007-05-01 by James Mc Govern
- Open Source Awareness Campaign? by Savio Rodrigues
- Open source awareness is a must by Alex Fletcher
- A ribbon for open source by Fabrizio Capobianco
- Connector for the Free Software community by FSFE Fellowship
- Connector for the Free Software community by Stefano Maffulli
Promuovere l’open source (italian) by Nicola Mattina
- Open Source Ribbon! (italian) by Open Source Blog